Wednesday 12 February 2014

Wait! WHO IS YOUR CONFIDENCE?

My daughter: Mummy, our Arts teacher asked us to bring extra crayons to school tomorrow.

Me: Why is that?

Her: So we can make a beautiful card for our parents for valentine

Me: So why didn’t she write it in your communication book? (Communication book is what is used in their school to send information to parents on a daily basis)

Her: She can’t write it because she is not my class teacher

Me: But I told you already, if you tell me you want something from school, it has to be written in your communication book!

Her: Why?

Me: Because that way I would know you are not lying

Her: (looking shocked) Mummy!!! I can’t lie to you! I’m your daughter!

(Ok, I’m sure some people are beginning to wonder “Does her daughter truly say these things?” LOL) True life story! Hmmm, I was speechless! God does teach us and talk to us through various channels, if only we’ll take time to listen….

So what did I learn this time? Confidence in WHO God is! My daughter made me realise that who she is to me should be good enough for me to accept. I have told her countless times never to lie to me. It has now sunk in: My daughter never lies (Amen somebody!) and I ought to take her word for it! God is our Father. He never lies. He cannot lie. When He speaks, He expects you to believe His word. Take it as it is, no matter how unbelievable it may sound to the ordinary ears! The Bible says He even honours His word more than His name

Psalm 138 verse 2B: For You have magnified Your word above all Your name. (NKJV)

Look at it. If He says He is your Father, He expects you to trust Him as a child should. Then He says: Forget I’m your Father and take my word for it. Anything I say I will do will be done because I always honour my word. And that even supersedes the fact that I’m your Father!

That is our CONFIDENCE – HIS WORD.

Hebrews 13: 3-8 (The Message translation)

13-18 When God made his promise to Abraham, he backed it to the hilt, putting his own reputation on the line. He said, “I promise that I’ll bless you with everything I have—bless and bless and bless!” Abraham stuck it out and got everything that had been promised to him. When people make promises, they guarantee them by appeal to some authority above them so that if there is any question that they’ll make good on the promise, the authority will back them up. When God wanted to guarantee his promises, he gave his word, a rock-solid guarantee—GOD CAN’T BREAK HIS WORD. And because his word cannot change, the promise is likewise unchangeable.

What word from God are you holding on to? What has He promised you that look like is failing? Remember, He watches over His word to perform it.

Jeremiah 1: 11-12 (The Message translation)

11-12 God’s Message came to me: “What do you see, Jeremiah?”
I said, “A walking stick—that’s all.”
And God said, “Good eyes! I’m sticking with you.
I’ll make every word I give you come true.”

Lay hold of that word and never let go. If He is watching to make it come true, then you should be too!

MEDITATE: Jeremiah 17:7 - “But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him (NIV)

Prayer: My confidence is in You Lord and I will hold on to Your promises and word for my life Amen

-By Deby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...