Saturday 8 March 2014

It's Payback Time

 I went on my usual trip to Abuja Nigeria, and stayed at my usual hotel. Everything seemed fine that night until I heard a light rap on my door the following morning. I looked at the time – it was 5:13am! I quickly jumped out of bed and ran to the door, which by that time was being opened! I shouted immediately, “who is that?” and pushed the door back. There were 2 guys and they immediately shut the door and stammered “Sorry ma. We thought the room was empty. It was a mistake”. Mistake??????!!!!!! Who makes such mistake at 5am in the morning?! Boy, was I glad for once that I’m a light sleeper. But quickly Psalms 127 verse 1 comes to mind, light sleeper or not!

"Unless the LORD builds the house,
the builders labor in vain.
Unless the LORD watches over the city,
the guards stand watch in vain"

As soon as it was bright enough and I was ready to leave for my meeting, I went downstairs to the reception to lay my case and ’make some noise’. The front desk staff could only apologise and they reiterated the “room check” story. I wasn’t satisfied in the least, coupled with the fact that I was already grumpy and cranky since I found it difficult to get back to sleep after the misdeed. But as I was running late for my meeting, I had to leave.

Later that morning, I remembered I had the Manager’s number (remember it’s my usual hotel?) and pronto, I called her. She was appalled and ashamed at the same time. She couldn’t believe such ‘mistake’ happened at her hotel. She was so apologetic and assured me she would deal with the situation. I insisted I was moving out that evening when I returned cos no way I would be able to sleep in that room without imagining someone breaking in!

When I returned to the hotel that evening, I asked to see her immediately. She apologised again and again, telling me they had fished out the culprits and given them queries. So I asked “What, then, is my compensation?” You know what? She gave me a room upgrade to an executive room and 50% off my bill! Boy, was I ecstatic!!!!! Of course I slept like a baby that night…*ROTFL*

However, I learnt a few things from this incident…

- Psalm 127:1 - God surely protects us, regardless of what the devil plans/
- Matthew 13:25 When men slept, the enemy came to sow tares. Even in your ‘rest’ period, do not rest or be too deep asleep. The enemy could capitalise on that and try a break-in.
- When some things happen to disturb your routine in life, feel free to complain about it but not to everyone! You need to go to the appropriate channel who can do something about it! Get it? Go to God with your complaints!
- Always insist on not just getting things resolved, but getting compensation!!! I could have left with the many apologies that day but I didn’t. I got something better. Why? Cos I dared to insist!

Have you lost your job? Don’t just ask God for another job, ask Him for a better one than you lost!

Health issues? Don’t just ask for healing, ask for wholeness!

Whatever it is, God is merciful to restore and compensate. You get the picture now? It’s biblical!

Proverbs 6:30-31
30 People do not despise a thief if he steals
to satisfy his hunger when he is starving.
31 Yet if he is caught, he must pay sevenfold,
though it costs him all the wealth of his house.

Joel 2:25
“I will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten-
the great locust and the young locust,
the other locusts and the locust swarm -
my great army that I sent among you
By sis Deby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...