Friday 18 July 2014

Do our encounters with God leave us changed?

I met a school mate during the course of admission into the university. We had not seen for about a year before then. The moment I set my eye on her, without her even opening her mouth I knew something was different about her. She just had an aura around her that wasn’t there before. I’d known her since my primary school through secondary days. She was so changed, it was almost palpable. I got to know during the course of our conversation that she had become born again and I said within me ‘No wonder’.
Do our encounters with God leave us changed? Or do we remain the same after meeting with God? We are to experience a daily change as we encounter God daily in our devotions, bible studies, fellowships, church services and so on. Today’s passage talks about the return journey of Moses from Mount Sinai, where he went to commune with God. By the time he returned, his face shone. His face was so shiny, even Aaron and all others feared to come near him. He had to encourage them they would not be harmed, before they could come close. His face shone so much, he had to cover it with a veil, but he ensured they saw the glory of God shining as a result of communion each time he returned from communing with God, I guess so that they may see by themselves firsthand what fellowshipping with God can do to man, after which he would now cover his face. By now, our faces should be ‘translucent’ due to our encounters with God. Our lives should be so changed, people around us would know something positive is up with us. It is a daily battle because the devil continually contends with our faith to ensure our fall. Today’s passage should encourage you not to give in to the enemy. Stand your ground, if you fall, rise again, don’t stay down, until your face starts to glow, then shine. I’m working on my face, are you? Exodus 34: 29-35

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...