Monday 21 July 2014

WORDS FROM A FATHER TO A SON ABOUT MARRIAGE


1. My son, if you keep spending
on a woman and she never asked
you if you’re saving or investing,
and she keeps enjoying the
attention, don’t marry her.
2. My son, a woman could be a
good wife to you, some could be
a good mother to your children
but if you’ve found a woman like
a mother to you, your children
and your family, please don’t let
her go.

3. My son, don’t confine the
position of your wife to the
kitchen, where did you get that
from? Even in our days, we had
farm-lands where they worked
every morning . . . that was our
office.
4. My son, if I tell you that you’re
the head of the house, don’t look
at your pocket; look if you will
see a smile on your wife’s face.
5. My son, if you want to have a
long life, let your wife be in-
charge of your salary, it will be
difficult for her to spend it when
she’s aware of the home needs
and bills to pay but if it’s in your
care, she will keep you asking
even when all has been spent.
6. My son, don’t ever beat your
woman, the pain in her body is
nothing to be compared to the
wound on her heart and that
means you may be in trouble
living with a wounded woman.
7. My son, now that you’re
married, if you live a bachelor
kind of life with your wife, you
will soon be single again.
8. My son, in our days, we had
many wives and many children
because of our large farm-lands
and many harvests, there are
hardly any land for farming
anymore, so embrace your
woman closely.
9. My son, under the cocoa tree
that I did meet your mother could
be your eateries and restaurants
of nowadays, but remember, the
closet thing we did there was to
embrace each other.
10. My son, don’t be carried away
when you start making more
money, instead of spending on
those tiny legs that never knew
how hard you worked to get it,
spend it on that woman that
stood by you all along.
11. My son, when I threw little
stones or whistled at the window
of your mother father’s house, to
call her out, it was not for sex, it
was because I missed her so
much.
12. My son, remember, when you
say your wife has changed, there
could be something you’ve
stopped doing too.
13. My son, your mother, Asake by name
rode the bicycle with me before I
bought that tortoise car outside
there, any woman that won’t
endure with you in your little
beginning should not enjoy your
riches.
14. My son, don’t compare your
wife to any woman, there are
ways she’s enduring you too and
has she ever compared you to
any man?
15. My son, there is this thing you
people call feminism, well, if a
woman claim to have equal right
with you in the house, divide all
the bills into two equal parts, take
one part and ask her to start
paying the other part.
16. My son, I met your mother a
virgin and I took more yams to
her father, if you don’t meet your
wife a virgin, don’t blame her,
what I didn’t tell you is that our
women had prestige.
17. My son, I didn’t send your
sisters to school because I was
foolish like many to think a
female child won’t extend my
family name, please don’t make
that mistake, the kind of female
achievers I see nowadays has
made the male-gender an
ordinary tag.
18. My son, your mother have
once locked up the cloth I was
wearing and almost tore it
because she was angry, I did not
raise my hand to beat her
because of a day like this, so that
I can be proud to tell you that I
never for once beat your mother.
19. My son, in our days, our
women had more of natural
beauty, though I wouldn’t lie to
you, some had minor painting of
their appellation mostly on their
arms, the ones you people now
call tattoo, but don’t forget that
they didn’t expose any part of
their body like your women of
nowadays.
20. My son, your mother and I are
not interested in what happens
in your marriage, try to handle
issues without always coming to
us
21. My son, remember I bought
your mother’s first sewing
machine for her, help your wife
achieve her dreams just as you’re
pursuing yours.
22. My son, don’t stop taking care
of me and your mother, it’s a
secret of growing old and having
children to take care of you too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...